Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Deers of my Youth

The Deer of my Youth

This photo of a deer hung in my bedroom as a kid -- probably for the first seven or eight years. What's unusual is that this picture does not come from my home in Alabama -- it comes from a bathroom in some east Texas gas station. Given that the picture showed up in my bedroom in the 70s, I'm now legitimately curious about its origins.

I'm not saying my parents were inspired by the decor of a Texas bathroom; rather than a lot of people must have loved this deer.

Bonus tip: The artist painted this photo of a deer from a photo as his model, or through analyzing a lot of wildlife photos. The giveaway is the out of focus background -- not something we see with our eyes in day to day life, but something you see all the time shooting with a long lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment