Saturday, June 11, 2011

B, Reflecting

B, Reflecting


We clambered up to the top floors and watched the Mariachi band from above. I would like to say Betsy was rapt by the band, but I think this may have been her bored face -- however, the distance in this 14mm shot allows me to project emotions I'd like onto the scene. ;)

Fun story about the capitol: As we entered it, we had to walk through a metal detector. Betsy stopped and said, "Oh, do I have to give up my knife?" when her (largest you can get) Swiss army knife set off the detector. "Nah", said the guard, "That's not nearly big enough!", as he made bowie-knife shaped motions to indicate the largest-sized weapon allowed inside.

Fortunately, unlike one of the towns in Utah we drove through, owning a weapon was not required, but I felt a little under-equipped the whole time I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment