Friday, June 3, 2011

Fans

_DSC9815


Time for a guilty confession: Betsy and I decided to have a picnic on Lone Rock beach since it's where the main action of this season of Doctor Who started (all the characters received mysterious envelopes directing them to come here.. for a picnic!).

Now, I've been watching Doctor Who for the entirety of my conscious life, starting as a really little kid watching it on Saturdays on PBS in Alabama. This is the sort of thing that's expected of me, since I'm a giant nerd.

What is more surprising is that when I showed it to Betsy, who is (at least for some definitions of the term) much more socially well-adjusted than me, she thought it was awesome. When I tell her how weird this is, she says:

"Duh, it's not for nerds. Doctor Who is awesome!"

There you are -- listen to B! If you're cool and obsessive like us, it may lead you to picking grains of sand out of your iceberg lettuce on a beach in Utah.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to feel sick for no reason or notice lots of sharpie marks on your body after that picnic?

    ReplyDelete