Friday, June 3, 2011

Lone Rock Beach

Lone Rock Beach


B & I picked up some picnic supplies at the Safeway in Page (I got a roast beef sandwich; she got her patent pending smoked-salmon-in-iceberg-lettuce dealio, and we both got a bottle of the least bad wine they had [1]), and headed to Lone Rock Beach, one of the coolest places on Lake Powell.

Unfortunately, minutes after we showed up, a sandstorm sprung up. The wind was almost at a gale, making it hard to eat (or use my camera -- I worried about the lenses getting scoured by sand). We ended up having our picnic behind the car and sulking about the whole affair.

The good news is, I love Lake Powell's vibe -- modulo the wind, it's pretty quiet, and has these eerie monoliths sitting off shore. Probably a nice place to catch the sunset too.


[1] Algorithm for the Page Safeway wine selection process: Take the bottom two shelves of wine at a Safeway in California, then move them to the top shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment