Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Shallow End of the Pool

The Shallow End of the Pool


The top of our hotel had a hot tub (which I've already discussed my love of) and a pool. B spent some time up here sunbathing, and I went up for a dip in the hot tub. (She maintained that stepping into a body of 100+ degree water when it was 95 degrees outside was "too hot"!).

It was an interesting scene up there -- lots of kind of terrible Spring Break type people having cans of cheap beer in the pool. I couldn't quite figure out what the 'scene' here was -- the hotel was too pricey for random college kids, and they all seemed too old to be here as part of a family deal.

I ended up concocting an elaborate theory that they were all tasteless scions of noveau riche oil barons, or hipsters living high off Dell money.

1 comment:

  1. They were probably locally rich frat kids--you should see it on July 4 up there. (We tried once--it was a zoo.) I stay there when I'm in Austin for work--one of my favorite hotels--I was probably there a day after you were for the conference I was attending. Tricia

    ReplyDelete