Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunset over Zion

Sunset over Zion

Here is wisdom: Whenever I plan for a sunset, it always ends up being the least interesting variation of a sunset possible. Have tripod? Guaranteed: Flat, cloudless sky. I shot this from Canyon Gorge in Zion, shooting toward a mountain (I believe) called the Watchman. In the best of circumstances, I think I would need some clouds or snow to act as a reflector here -- even a grad neutral density filter could really save me from such a dim foreground.

Still, it was nice seeing the last rays of sunset kissing the top of that mountain. But I guess I'll leave the landscape photography to professional madmen who will go and camp out in parks for weeks while they wait for winter storms to break; I just don't have the patience for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment